Taking my winnings


With the latest Morgan Poll still showing Labor in a healthy and winning position, I will be taking the opportunity to cash in and take my winnings on my small investments, made last year when price was much longer than the current $1.20, on the Rudd government to be returned at the next election.
It is not that I think Morgan is wrong in putting the two-party preferred vote at 58.5% or 60% depending on how you allocated the third-party preferences. (See Possum Comitatus for an interesting discussion on this difference). It is just that I sense Labor will not have the courage to call an early double-dissolution election and a lot can happen twixt now and the likely polling day in August.
I doubt that things are going to get any better for the government before then and that the odds will begin moving a little in favour of the Opposition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Remembering that Labor only lost last time because of Bill Shorten