My kind of politician

Balanced news, fearless views. What an appropriate newspaper motto to appear alongside the brave declaration by the new Philippines President-in-waiting Benino "Noynoy" Aquino.

Aquino, 50, brushed aside calls from health groups that quitting smoking would set a good example for the country, reports the Philippine Daily Inquirer. “People knew when I ran for president that I smoke,” Aquino said in reply to a nongovernmental organization who had asked him to be its antismoking poster boy. “So as long as I don’t violate any laws and I don’t disturb anyone [I should be free to smoke]. This is one of my few remaining freedoms,” he said.
Oh that that secret smoker in the United States White House had the courage of his convictions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Remembering that Labor only lost last time because of Bill Shorten