Kicking the cat


I am a bit of a dog man myself (although I once did enter one of my red Burmese in the Canberra cat show and came home with a Reserve Champion ribbon) so I admit to having a bit of a chuckle at the Irish bookmaker Paddy Power’s advertisementfeaturing blind soccer players and a cat with a bell around its neck although there were a thousand or so English people who didn’t. The Advertising Standards Authority was inundated with complaints that the advert’s suggestion that the cat had been kicked across a football pitch by blind players was offensive to blind people and could encourage animal cruelty.
22-07-2010 paddypowerad
The ASA has ruled that the ad can continue be shown but you can look and judge for yourself. I await the verdict of Crikey readers. Should I feel guilty about laughing or not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Making a mockery of Labor Party pre-selections