It is the word of Andrew Bolt that we cannot trust

So you have a mischievous little fib to spread. Well, first of all find a gullible journalist or, even better, one who is prepared to peddle nonsense as long as it suits his political prejudices. And so this came to pass:
GEORGE CHRISTENSEN WIMPS IT
Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun December 3, 2017 10:46am

Nationals MP George Christensen privately told me, Peta Credlin and Cory Bernardi that he would quit the Turnbull Government if Malcolm Turnbull was still Prime Minister this week.
He authorised me and Peta to spread the word, without using his name, hoping to create maximum pressure on Turnbull. Twice more he urged me on, even after lying to Samantha Maiden of Sky News, telling her he was not the MP I'd referred to.
He told me that he meant his threat and explicitly told me I should report it without fear that he'd back down and make me look like a party to mischief.
Now he's piked, and I must say he has behaved very badly. I cannot now trust his word.
He also damaged the Government without actually following through with serious intent. He should either have said nothing or done everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Making a mockery of Labor Party pre-selections